Things to know about Manjimup.
Manjimup is a beautiful region with an ace up its sleeve – the rare black truffles found in the area. While gourmets will be in heaven, there are also many walk trails winding through the towering forests for those with a penchant for the great outdoors. Most of the wineries are all within easy driving distance of one another and will surprise visitors with their wonderful cooler climate styles. There is also a plethora of delicious fresh produce in the area, so get ready for a feast in the forest!
• The delicious Pink Lady apple originated in Manjimup.
• Each year Manjimup holds the Cherry Harmony Festival, marking the start of the cherry season.
• Fonty’s Pool was built by Archimede Fontanini in 1925 to irrigate his vegetables.
• Manjimup’s climate is said to be similar to that of Bordeaux, France.
• Over 80 % of the region is national park and forest.